My Inspiration

I find that the really good part of being "trapped" in Planet Earth, and the one that makes me want to jump!, is that we get the chance to explore the many wonders and awe striking phenomena of nature -which can sometimes really bring tears to my eyes and move me in very special transcendental ways- plus, we have the benefit of having at our disposal an immense array of human production, from architecture to gastronomy, from design to literature, every aesthetic manifestation of our great creative potential; art in its different forms can occasionally have that divine little thing that makes me feel flabbergasted, touched or even changed. I hope to share some of the "God on Earth" practical experiences that I've collected during my travels through this humble blog.

25 abr 2011

Goodbye Laos, Hello Vietnam

I would have liked to visit many other places in Laos and give you a broader scope of this country, unfortunately, time and money weren’t limitless and I had to make some choices. With the consideration that traveling through Laos was going to be somewhat complicated and would represent a lot of time, I decided to make the jump to Vietnam. Nevertheless, I want to clarify that I would love it if you could tell me about your experiences in Laos (where else did you go, what did you see), there can always be a next time.

So now it is turn for me to write about Vietnam. Before I planned my visit to this country, I had only thought of Vietnam in association to war, bombs and injustice. That was the only thing I knew about the place and the only thing that made me indifferent to it as a travel destination. Fortunately, I am the kind of traveler that likes to document myself before launching my adventure and I read about all the countries located in Southeast Asia, including Vietnam, before deciding where I wanted to go. Vietnam sounded very attractive to me on paper. It has all the mystery and exotic qualities of a far and unknown land. What I read about Vietnam lead me to believe that it had the potential of a novelty extravaganza, and I had to go see for myself.

Vietnam turned out to be a multilayered cultural explosion. It really takes you to another world where you can communicate with many realities I’d bet you’d never seen before (if you come from the western world). One of the interesting destinations that have a check on all this excitement triggering factors is Sapa, a tinny little village surrounded by Hill Tribe Villages, an opportunity to get in contact with a life completely different to the one we live in modern Mexico City.

And the journey through Vietnam begins!

Here is my first article of the Vietnamese series "Sapa & Surrounding Hill Tribe Villages in Vietnam"........ yuhu!!!! I get excited all over again.