My Inspiration

I find that the really good part of being "trapped" in Planet Earth, and the one that makes me want to jump!, is that we get the chance to explore the many wonders and awe striking phenomena of nature -which can sometimes really bring tears to my eyes and move me in very special transcendental ways- plus, we have the benefit of having at our disposal an immense array of human production, from architecture to gastronomy, from design to literature, every aesthetic manifestation of our great creative potential; art in its different forms can occasionally have that divine little thing that makes me feel flabbergasted, touched or even changed. I hope to share some of the "God on Earth" practical experiences that I've collected during my travels through this humble blog.

18 abr 2011

Laos: Luang Prabang

Luang Prabang is a charming little town in Laos that has all the ingredients of a fantastic travel destination. It has the natural beauty of a southeast tropical environment; it has the fantastic, mostly religious art that extrapolates to every creative expression; it has the rich gastronomy; it has the loveliness of a well designed city; and it has many different activities in which to enroll. If you are a food enthusiast, you can take a cooking course and learn how to make traditional Laotian food. If you are into sports, you can rent a bike and peddle around town or even do mountain biking. If you are an adventurer, you can take tours into the jungle. If you are fond of the fine arts you can visit the many extraordinary Buddhist temples or go to the royal ballet. If you want to buy nice Laotian arts & crafts, you have plenty of formal commerce and street markets to shop around.
Besides all of that, Luang Prabang has a very pleasant old quarter encompassed by two rivers, in which you can also take boat rides. The accommodation and food offer is amazingly extent for such a little town. It has a huge variety of guest houses and little hotels as well as restaurants, bars and cafés –including several alongside the river- where you can have a great variety of romantic breakfasts, lunches and dinners. All in all, Luang Prabang is arguably one of my top Southeast Asian destinations.

If you’d like to read and see more of this destination, go to my “Visual Travel Guide to Luang Prabang, Laos” my latest published article. Enlace