My Inspiration

I find that the really good part of being "trapped" in Planet Earth, and the one that makes me want to jump!, is that we get the chance to explore the many wonders and awe striking phenomena of nature -which can sometimes really bring tears to my eyes and move me in very special transcendental ways- plus, we have the benefit of having at our disposal an immense array of human production, from architecture to gastronomy, from design to literature, every aesthetic manifestation of our great creative potential; art in its different forms can occasionally have that divine little thing that makes me feel flabbergasted, touched or even changed. I hope to share some of the "God on Earth" practical experiences that I've collected during my travels through this humble blog.

1 abr 2011

Sahara Desert, Morocco


I reckon that the natural wonder that impacted me the most while visiting Morocco is without question the Sahara Desert. It is beautiful, it is intriguing, it is inspiring. The vastness of its great dune sea delighted me on a sensory level and it sort of mystified my soul. Standing there, engulfed by the harmonious yet hostile ecosystem I once again found myself asking "How? How? How?!" It is just so perfect. As William Langewiesche (author of Sahara Unveiled, a Journey Across the Desert) says, today there are very few places as huge and as wild, the Sahara is a difficult place to know. It might make a journey in and of itself, but for those who are travelling through Morocco it is totally worth even that superficial glimpse of its outskirts. Just observing the deep blue sky and the golden brown incredibly fine sand is a pleasure.

Here is the second article of the Moroccan series dedicated to this natural wonder: http://hubpages.com/hub/Sahara-Desert-a-highlight-in-Morocco